Hi loves!! I took some time off from my computer this summer to refresh and recharge! With that being said, I wanted to share some of what I have learned this summer with you all.
I spent the first month of summer running around, I did not have a set schedule, I was going to bed late and waking up even later, I was not prepared each day and I felt like I accomplished nothing in a month. I let myself go as far as not really focusing on my body and what it was telling me, eating whatever I wanted, and allowing myself to be lazy. I kept telling myself, “It’s summer, you deserve time to be lazy and to chill out before classes begin.”
WRONG. BAD IDEA. Don’t tell yourself that. It’s so easy to fall into bad habits than to get yourself back up from them.
I knew I needed to make a change and so I cut it cold turkey. I went back to my early morning routine, working out every day, making healthy food choices and taking time for myself to do the things I love.
And BOOM. I feel so much better after just two short weeks.
Honestly, it was tough at first, but SO worth it. Starting each day feeling more energetic makes me want to accomplish so much more every day! I feel better prepared to do things for myself, for others, and still feel like I could give more at the end of the day.
I’m sharing 5 things that have helped me over the last few weeks. Keep in mind that with the new school year about to begin, starting NOW will help you in the long run. Don’t put things off, don’t go another day feeling crappy and lethargic. Start today and become a better you. Every. Single. Day.
How To Become A Better You Every Day:
- Become more observant. Notice everything that surrounds you and be present in the moment. The world is full of examples, ideas, words, wisdom, mistakes, and experiences.
- Collect ideas. Ideas and thoughts tend to evaporate from your mind too fast. Try to capture them before it is too late. Write them down, keep notes in your phone, discuss them on a phone call with a friend, make it a conversation.
- Reading is probably the best investment of time ever. If you devote 30 minutes a day to learning and having that quiet time, you will be amazed at what you retain.
- Analyze your day. Before going to bed, spend 10 minutes analyzing your day. Consider what things you managed to do well and what mistakes you made.
- Start writing. The biggest value of good writing skills is that it cultivates discipline. The discipline of thinking will help your thoughts and will cease to be random and chaotic. They will gradually become systematic and structured instead.
How can you become the BEST you? Start with these 5 things and keep adding to the list. Share this with someone. Let’s all help one another to be the BEST version of ourselves we can!